TRANSAT (TRANSversal Actions for Tritium) is a 4-year multidisciplinary project that will contribute to improving the knowledge on tritium management in fission and fusion facilities. It will aim to address the challenges related to tritium release mitigation strategies and waste management improvement, and refine knowledge in the fields of radiotoxicity, radiobiology, and dosimetry.
The project aims to achieve 3 strategic objectives.
Various stakeholders contribute to the work carried out in TRANSAT and will benefit from the project outcomes. The production, storage, transport and other operations related to tritium will need a more specific framework in the long term. This project will bring major inputs to the existing technical and legal frameworks and to the development of appropriate rules, procedures, standards, legislation, etc. The outcomes will also bring new technical knowledge to the fission & fusion community and help the public and private stakeholders prepare for an appropriate global management and financial environment in the short, medium and long term horizon.
NEWS & EVENTS
Mark your calendar for the Second TRANSAT Tritium School! Initially organised in Marseille (France), this 5-days event will happen virtually…
On 16th of November, the TRANSAT Management Committee organised the third consortium workshop on corrosion. Due to the covid situation,…
Highly ductile amorphous oxide at room temperature and high strain rate, E. J Frankberg, J. Kalikka, F. Garcia Ferré, L. Joly-Pottuz, T. Salminen, J. Hintikka, M. Hokka, S. Koneti, T. Douillard, B. Le Saint, P. Kreiml, M.J Cordill, T. Epicier, D. Stauffer, M. Vanazzi, L. Roiban, J. Akola, F. Di Fonzo, E. Levänen & K. Masellini-Varlot. Access publication
Absorption of a nanosecond laser pulse by a picosecond laser-induced preformed aluminum plasma, A. Favre, V. Morel, A. Bultel, G. Godard, S. Idlahcen & C. Grisolia. Access publication
Advances on GenIV structural and fuel materials and cross-cutting activities between fission and fusion, L. Malerba, P. Agostini, M. Bertolus, F. Delage, A. Gallais-During, C. Grisolia, K. Liger & Pierre-F. Giroux. Access publication
Development of a viable route for lithium-6 supply of DEMO and future
fusion power plants, T. Giegerich, K. Battes, J.C. Schwenzer & C. Day. Access publication
Overview of the TRANSAT (TRANSversal Actions for Tritium) project, Karine Liger, Christian Grisolia, Ion Cristescu, Carlos Moreno, Véronique Malard, Dave Coombs and Sabina Markelj. Access publication
Thermochemical Non-Equilibrium in Thermal Plasmas, Bultel, V. Morel and J. Annaloro. Access publication
Efficient hydrogen and deuterium permeation reduction in Al2O3 coatings with enhanced radiation tolerance and corrosion resistance, D. Iadicicco, S. Bassini, M. Vanazzi, P. Muñoz, A. Moroño, T. Hernandez, I. García-Cortés, F.J. Sánchez, M. Utili, F. García Ferré
Towards ps-LIBS tritium measurements in W/Al materials, Arnaud Bultel, Vincent Morel, Aurélien Favre, Gilles Godard, Abdenacer Benyagoub, Isabelle Monnet, Alexandre Sémérok, Maria Dinescu, Sabina Markelj, Philippe Magaud & Christian Grisolia.
- D1.1 – Report on the assessment of tritium term sources and on the different types of barrier against
tritium permeation relevant for fusion and fission reactors
- D1.3 – Report on review of gas treatment technologies
- D2.1 – Review of the different techniques to analyse tritium
- D2.2 – Technical document: Data set about ASTRID design and operating conditions to be simulated
- D3.1 – Report on production of steel particles
- D3.2 – Report on production of cement particles and characterization of steel and cement suspensions
- D3.3 – Report on tritiation of cement and steel particles
- D4.1 – Interim report on the state of the art. Completion of design of experimental study
- D4.3 – Interim report concerning the state of the art. Completion of design of experimental study
- D4.6 – Disposal or recycling plan for tritium ready
- D5.2 – Dissemination and exploitation plan
- D5.3 – Data Management Plan
- D5.4 – First Summer School Proceedings
- D5.6 – Communication Action Plan
- D5.7 – Project website
- D6.1 – Project Quality Plan
- D6.2 – Detailed Work Plan